Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excited to breastfeed again, but worried

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

I didn't worry about breastfeeding my son before he was born, but now I'm worried that I'm not going to know how to breastfeed my new daughter. I know it sounds so strange, considering that I breastfed my son for a year, but I'm worried that I won't remember how to do it. I feel like I'm worrying more about things for the second one, that I didn't even think of with the first.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mama02040608
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Just go with it.  You know the basics...come here for any reassurance you need.  Things will likely be different this time...no worries, each baby is a different person!

AlohaKim01
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Just nurse, it might be a different experience, that is where support comes in.  I'm confident you can do it  AGAIN.    

lilchloesmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:09 PM
You can do it! I understand the feeling though. When I first tried to nurse DS ( my 2nd baby) he just wouldn't latch on! Here I thought this nursing thing would be a breeze, I mean I did it all before! My dd latched on right away and was a nursing champ. It took some time for DS and I to learn to nurse together but we got there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I so felt the same way and I was still BFing my 3 year old once a day and still worried.  I was like here I am the moderator of the BFing moms group and I am afraid I will not know how, lol.  Its ok it just comes naturally like riding a bike if yu have done it before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)