Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

baby sleep site?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone used their services, or heard any reviews about them?

by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Nope, sorry.

Wife2003
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM
What is it??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milksmile
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM

They help you to get your baby to sleep well. I have tried so many different things, so I am willing to pay for them to help, but just wanted to see if anyone else has tried first, to see if they are legit

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Is the address babysleep.com or something similar? I know that Elizabeth Pantley has an online site. A lot of the advice is free. http://www.pantley.com/elizabeth/advice/0071381392.php?nid=104

I frankly wouldn't pay for any sleep site...because there's no such thing as a one size fits all. Babies sleep when they sleep. What we do has little to do with fgetting them to sleep, but a LOT to do with keeping them awake.

Best practice? Observe your child's patterns. Keep to a consistent routine.

milksmile
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Thanks, I have tried everything except just sticking him in a room and ignoring him. It is becoming unbearable. He wakes every 30 min to hour all night long. I have tried not nursing, but he still wakes up. 

This website is babysleepsite.com. It even says on there that there isn't a one size fits all like you say, and they work with you. It is pretty reasonable, so I may try it, I will let you know what happens if I do

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Definitely nurse. And if you're giving solids before bed, stop. That backfires,,,it raised blood sugar before they go to sleep, then the levels drop in the middle of the night and they wake.

I can't tell the age from your profile, but this is pretty normal behavior throughout year one. No sleep trianing methods of any kind before six months, per their advocates. It's like herding cats. Baby's not ready that soon.

Quoting milksmile:

Thanks, I have tried everything except just sticking him in a room and ignoring him. It is becoming unbearable. He wakes every 30 min to hour all night long. I have tried not nursing, but he still wakes up. 

This website is babysleepsite.com. It even says on there that there isn't a one size fits all like you say, and they work with you. It is pretty reasonable, so I may try it, I will let you know what happens if I do

lifetimelove
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:50 PM

How old is he?  Is this a recent development, or has he always woken up every 30-60 minutes?

Quoting milksmile:

Have a child with special needs?  Don't have a diagnosis?  Come join other moms of special needs children without a diagnosis at my group:

www.cafemom.com/group/undiagnosed

milksmile
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 8:04 PM

He is 1 next week. This is how he has always been. I just can't take the sleep deprivation anymore. I would say that I am against cio, but I need to sleep. And, I feel like he is suffering too, last night he slept only 5 hours. And he is so fussy during the day. 

Jen825
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Gosh, it sounds like something is hurting him or bothering him.  That can't be good for him, either, to be getting such interrupted sleep.  Have you talked to a doctor?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 30, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Does he nap during the day at all? And how early are you putting him down? Too late can be as bad as too early.

Five hours is technically sleeping through, if it's in a row.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)