Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Does Fenugreek stop working after so long?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2010 at 9:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

I've been taking Fenugreek for about a month now and all of the sudden, I've gone from pumping 8 oz to pumping 2. I also started my period three days ago. Could this be the issue? Or does Fenugreek stop working after so long? I added Milk Thistle but haven't noticed a change. I need to pump so I can work. What do I do???

Lilypie - (II8f)

by on Jul. 10, 2010 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy2dallas602
by on Jul. 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Bump! I was going to buy that tomorrow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Your menstrual cycle could very well be to blame for the decreased supply. Be sure to drink enough water and try adding real, natural oatmeal to your diet! Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle at three capsules, three times per day helps supply and the effects are present as long as you stick to the regimen! 

breastfeeding.jpg breastfeeding image by evemarcelo 

lifetimelove
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2010 at 3:31 AM

I would never expect to keep up 8 ounces per pumping session for long, however, regardless of whether or not you're taking fenugreek.  Two ounces is considered on the high side of what's normal for a pumping session.  Keep in mind baby only needs 1 - 1.25 ounces per hour of separation.

gfamilyof4
by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 3:35 AM
I didn't have that issue. I did have to wean myself off it bc my milk dropped off! Lol I pump about the same amount, but off each nreast, so I have to separate it in different bags for storage!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charli627
by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 3:45 AM
I pump 2.5-4 oz depending on how long bewteen the pumping session. I take fenugreek but I haven't even seen an increase so I'm scared if I stop it, my supply will decrease. I take four capsules a day, three times a day. And I drink the mothers milk tea. But I think my Mirena IUD might be a problem as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN