Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Infant and childrens probiotics?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:27 AM
  • 6 Replies
I have read that some of u give your baby probiotics, can u give me some info. DS is always gassy and such, will they help?? Also my 2 yo has had tummy troubles forever is there some she can take??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RozyMama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I used this -- it's a powder, I put it on my nipple before nursing so it got in her mouth.  You can put it in an older kid's drink I think, or they make a chewable. 

Primadophilus for Children

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:36 AM

When necessary, I give lactobacillus acidophilus. Here is some info on probiotics for infants..  http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush/preventing-thrush.html

breastfeeding.jpg breastfeeding image by evemarcelo 

kyriesmommy13
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:37 AM
we use primadophillus (sp?) for children. it's a powder you can mix in liquids. my dd loves it. she'll even ask for her "pwobioktic." you should be able to find it at most health food stores. make sure whatever you get is, and stays, refrigerated. hth!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WilliamsMama08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Probiotics can help, but also look into everyone's diets to look for something that may be causing these issues (dairy is a big one)

Wife2003
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:01 AM
Yes we are dairy free and me I am also soy free

Quoting WilliamsMama08:

Probiotics can help, but also look into everyone's diets to look for something that may be causing these issues (dairy is a big one)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:02 AM

This is what I do as well.  I also give them Keifer which has 10 probiotics in it.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

When necessary, I give lactobacillus acidophilus. Here is some info on probiotics for infants..  http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush/preventing-thrush.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)