Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible that my dd knows that milk is coming???

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

Dd has been weened since my milk just up and disappeared when I first became preggo. This last week my boobs have like doubled in size and dd has been acting so crazy about my boobs. Dd is three and I was laying in bed with her and she started trying to rip my shirt off me saying she wants milk. Then she has been really cuddly and clingy but with only me lately, and usually shes like that with dh. She comes and sits down with me and tells me how much she loves my boobs, and wants milk. She always spoke real fondly of my boobs but lately its like its all she can think about. Does she know milk will be here soon, or something like that?? This is all really differnt from her normal behavior, just wondering if kids can sence this kinda thing,

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:47 AM

Yes, they can.

misssy2000
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:54 AM

OMgosh. ITs the funniest/cutest thing ever. Dh keeps asking me are you going to let her nurse. I am still trying to figure that one out because if my two year old also wants to go back I will run out of boobs. lol I dont even know what its called when its three kids.

Quoting gdiamante:

Yes, they can.

kyriesmommy13
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM
that's awesome, momma! i think nursing more than one is a beautiful and amazing experience!! if it were me, i'd totally let them nurse. i can't imagine that the older ones would nurse all that much. plus, they're old enough to understand that the new baby has priority. what a cool thing you may get to experience. you'll have to post how it goes!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
l_to_the_e
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:06 PM

My son got extra clingy and snuggly when I was pregnant with my daughter, and he hadn't nursed since he was 5 months old! They do seem to know, it's like they can smell the hormones of mommy-ness. He hasn't wanted to nurse or anything, but he has remained very snuggly and fond of putting his head on my chest.

misssy2000
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:01 PM

lol, OMGosh I didnt think wed be going back in time though. My dd who is three is still the most attached nurser. Ds as soon as the milk was gone had no intrest in nursing anymore. However it was so crazy nursng both of them at the same time, with three my dd would go nuts. She has never been one to wait.

Quoting kyriesmommy13:

that's awesome, momma! i think nursing more than one is a beautiful and amazing experience!! if it were me, i'd totally let them nurse. i can't imagine that the older ones would nurse all that much. plus, they're old enough to understand that the new baby has priority. what a cool thing you may get to experience. you'll have to post how it goes!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)