Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about periods and BF(maybe tmi?)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM
  • 3 Replies

My little one is 10 weeks old today and I am exclusively breast feeding, no supplementing at all, I pump once a day in the morning just to have some when I feel like giving a bottle, or when I want hubby to feed her. 

I haven't gotten my period really, but I've had some "tint" when I wipe and what first got my attention was this "tint" had tinted my panties!(Sorry, but true, would've been wearing a panty liner if I'd known I was "tinting") Anyways... This has happen two or three times, and I think my period is going to start, but it never does, I just get this for about two days then back to normal. I'm just wondering if I should be concerned?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Klynn-whitlow
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM

No, sounds normal to me. After you initially stop bleeding from the birth you start spotting a little around 10 or so weeks. Its not your first period, its just leftover from your birth!

LKRA
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Nothing is normal when it comes to menses after giving birth. :) You're fine.

KrhMsh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Lol! Thanks ladies! I was just concerned because I'd almost feel like I was getting my period, but that was probably in my head, you see blood and all the sudden you're like "Oh I'm groggy, and bitchy and blah blah."

Kids are just such trouble! *sigh*

;D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)