Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Growth spurts....

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:00 AM
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know whengrowth spurts usually happen??  My daughter will be 10 weeks and she is just eating and eating.  This has been going on for 2 days.  It seems like she is never full.  I'm afraid she isn't satisfied when she is done and keeps coming back for more!!  Does it seem like a growth spurt?  I just have never heard of one at 10 weeks!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LKRA
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I think growth spurts can happen at any time.

And babies are NEVER satisfied. :)

Just keep nursing on demand, keep track of dirty diapers and you'll be fine. Don't make the mistake that so many women make and reach for a can of formula.

LeanneC
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM

They can happen at any time, the usual times are just when a lot of babies have them.

How are her diapers?  Still making plenty?  The yes, this should be considered a growth spurt.

Hisservent
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Common times for growth spurts are during the first few days at home and around 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months (more or less). They usually last 2-3 days. But every baby is different.

My daughter is 5 1/2 weeks and has already had 2 growth spurts. But she gained 2.9lbs since June 6!

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord! I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife,  Christian, choir singin, recyclin, natural products usin, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, breastfeedin, CIO method usin, soy milk drinkin, organic milk givin, coffee drinkin, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burnin, as Green as I can get,  WAHM of 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)