Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding 2nd Child...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

When you breastfeed your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc child- does it hurt in the beginning for the first few days- like with your 1st?

Kinda stupid questions but, oh well....

PS Hope everyone's having a wonderful day!!!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Every experience is going to be different...expect to hurt, and then if you don't you canm be pleasantly surprised!

ALOUDWHISPER
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I REALLY DON'T REMEMBER MY 2ND HURTING MUCH AT ALL MY 1ST I WAS ENGORGED & JUST HAD NEVER BEEN THERE SO IDK IF IT'S REALLY COMPARABLE.... NOW WITH MY 3RD I ADMIT I DIDN'T EXPECT ANY PAIN OR MUCH ENGORGEMENT BECAUSE I HAD NURSED MY OTHER DAUGHTER TILL THE BBAY WAS BORN LOL I TOTALLY HAD FORGOTTEN WHAT NURSING A NEWBORN HAD FELT LIKE I GOT LOTS OF TINGLING FEELINGS & LOTS OF UTERUS CONTRACTIONS WITH HER SO REALLY EACH IS DIFFERENT BUT I ALWAYS PREPARE FOR ANYTHING JUST IN CASE (WHO WANTS TO BE IN PAIN RUNNING TO THE STORE)

rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:20 PM

My second (my only son) had a horrible latch as an infant. So he was worse. But with this baby (she's my third), I don't think there was much pain at all, even at the beginning.

nngmommy83
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM

My second was more painful than my first. My DD was a champion nurser lol but DS had a bad latch that we finally corrected about 6 weeks in so it was a tough beginning. 14 months late and were still going =)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:40 PM

It hurts a bit everytime because every child needs to learn how to nurse..its natural but a learned behavior.  BUT when I was still nursing my 3rd when I had my 4th it was MUCH less pain

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)