Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF??!!?? Rant!!!! Vent

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok, so my DS is a month old He is breastfed. My SO's family wants to take him for the day without me. I said no since he is breastfed. Appently in their eyes I am a horrible person for keeping my son away from them and they never get to see him. I told them anytime they want to see him is fine they just cant take him for the day. So now they send my SO texts like " Oh you choose her over us and its f*cked up that we cant even see your son. Well am i in the wrong for saying no? They have been like this throught my whole prgnancy starting drama, and i am SICK of it. I mean all i am doing is breastfeeding ym son but to them that means im a bitch. Ugh sorry for the rant. Any tips on how to help?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kemclaughlin
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Your baby is too young to be away from you at all.  All day?  I don't think so.  Tell your SO to tell them to back off or you truly will keep the baby away from them.  Their demands are totally unreasonable.  What is he saying about this?  Tell them if they can behave themselves they can come over and see the baby or you would love to come visit.  IMO until they are older like 2 or 3 they are too little to be away from Mom.

childress1987
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:25 PM
Ummm WOW I would not EVER allow my child be alone with adults who behave this way!!! Stand strong in what feel/beleive as a mommy you are responsible for that baby and NO BODY else can change that, and for the record my daughter is 2 years old and we currently LIVE with my mom and the LONGEST she has been "away" from me is maybe 4 hours :) and I'm very proud of that and my 6 month old son, well they know to not even ask!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HardyGirl19
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:30 PM

My so says thay should not be asking and we have explained why we say no but they keep trying to get him.UGH

gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:07 PM

He needs to put his foot down: "If you EVER want to see this child you will BACK OFF. PERIOD."

And block their texts and phone calls till they come crawling.

angi07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM
I never let mine out of my sight either when they got older I did especially if your nursing and especially if they're acting like that. I don't agree with keeping them away in general but I don't see why they can't just visit with you as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christina807
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Why do they have to take him away from you to see him?  That's what I don't understand.  My daughter is almost 11 months and I've only been away from her for about two hours at a time and that has only been a handful of times.  And it was when she was a few months old, definitely not one month old. 

angi07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:29 PM
I watched new moon online because I wouldn't leave the boys lol

Quoting DeZ143:

i completely agree with everyone. my dd is almost 4 months old and i JUST left her long enough to watch eclipse. lame i know lol but it was only a few hours

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HardyGirl19
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:33 PM

They dont like me so they just want him with " Their" Family. I told them I am his mother so if they want to see him they can but he will not go anywhere with out me. So they hate me and called me a bitch and told my SO that i run his life and that he cant forget they were his family

tennisgal
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Why do they have to take him for the whole day?? He is only a month old...it's not like he's going anywhere. 

cmiller83
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM
Ummm, yea. My first was completly FF and I wouldn't have let her out of my sight at that age. They are ridiculous for even asking

If I am right it sounds like your DH has your back so hopefully if they don't shut up soon he will give them an earful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)