Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need advice on rebuilding my supply...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

So i am new to this group i joined cause i need advice.. I was breast feeding for a little over 2 months but my supply just went way down my dd's pedi said it sometimes happens so we put my lil girl on formula well BIG mistake she is totally intolerant she is just throwing it right back up like the whole bottle.. So its been almost 3 weeks since i stopped but i really want to breast feed again i miss it so much and she just isnt taking to FF.. So i ordered moms milk it should be here in a few days but i was wondering if there is anything i can do until it comes.. Should i start trying to nurse her now or just wait till i start drinking the moms tea??

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LKRA
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM

The BEST way to get your supply going again is to nurse.

Nurse. Nurse. Nurse. Nurse.

There is nothing in the world that will work better to get your mojo going again than to have a baby latched on. :)

Increase nursing sessions, decrease bottles. Keep a close eye on her diaper count; you don't want her to get dehydrated.

There's a great article on kellymom.com just for you!

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html

owensmommy1122
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM

This!

Quoting LKRA:

There is nothing in the world that will work better to get your mojo going again than to have a baby latched on. :)

Increase nursing sessions, decrease bottles. Keep a close eye on her diaper count; you don't want her to get dehydrated.

IamLilysMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:55 PM

This.  Nurse on demand. Don't keep a schedule. Wear your baby so she can suckle as much as she wants.

I've heard that oatmeal helps. I took fenugreek & pumped 5-15mins after each feeding, it worked well for me. (2pills 3times/day)

Quoting LKRA:

Proud au natural VBACing, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, ERF, AP, slightly crunchy, conservative momma to the sweetest little girls, Lily & Lilah!

CafeMom Tickers

gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Put her to breast! It's still there. What made you think it wasn't?

heavensnt86
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:26 PM

It just didnt seem like she was getting anything she would just scream and throw her head back, it also was hurting while she was nursing at the very end before i stopped..

Quoting gdiamante:

gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Neither of those was a sign of a supply problem. They're supposed to be little pains in the butt. As to the actual pain...might have been some thrush going. OR might have been letdown...it can hurt!

Quoting heavensnt86:

It just didnt seem like she was getting anything she would just scream and throw her head back, it also was hurting while she was nursing at the very end before i stopped..

Quoting gdiamante:

heavensnt86
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:58 PM

This was my first time breast feeding and i really wish i had more support and people to ask advice from..I did have overactive letdown at least i think i did cause i read about it online.. My milk went from sparying out and getting all over the place to nothing coming out i would nurse, pump and try and squeeze some out and nothing.. I tried tonight to nurse her and nothing.. But i am going to keep trying.

Quoting gdiamante:

Neither of those was a sign of a supply problem. They're supposed to be little pains in the butt. As to the actual pain...might have been some thrush going. OR might have been letdown...it can hurt!

Quoting heavensnt86:

Quoting gdiamante:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:23 PM

She will get there and so will you.  Follow LKRA's advice for sure.

Your ped should've told you to see an IBCLC or how to raise supply rather than saying to go all formula..that was stupid, I would find a new ped..heck I did when my ped did the same thing and with my next child learned it was wrong!

Quoting heavensnt86:

This was my first time breast feeding and i really wish i had more support and people to ask advice from..I did have overactive letdown at least i think i did cause i read about it online.. My milk went from sparying out and getting all over the place to nothing coming out i would nurse, pump and try and squeeze some out and nothing.. I tried tonight to nurse her and nothing.. But i am going to keep trying.

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting heavensnt86:

Quoting gdiamante:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)