Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coffee?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:56 PM
  • 2 Replies

So I cut out all caffine when DS was 3 weeks old due to his gas problems (my main source of caffine was Dr. Pepper).  Well, after 5 months of no caffine, the lack of sleep is starting to get to me.  If I were to have a cup of coffee in the morning after I feed him and don't pump until a couple of hours after I drink it, would it still be in my milk? 

I have already given up all carbonation, caffine and dairy!  I am starting to go insane and I need something to keep from falling asleep at my desk in the mornings.  Thanks in advance for any help!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SoniaL
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:58 PM

He may be ok with it no. I had to give up coffee and chocolate for about 2 months when my DD was first born. Then I tested it out by slowly introducing coffee back in. She did fine and I was able to have a cup of coffee a day. Now she is 14 months and I can have several a day w/o it bothering her. (She would spit up in projectile fashion in the early months when i had it).

gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:16 PM

All you can do is try it.He may react, he may not. If he does, you know you can't have it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)