Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ouch!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

my baby gir has started to bite, i have noticed she only dose when snacking. dose this mean she is ready for cereal and stuff? how do i make her stop?

im Aimee Proud mommy to Christian Jerimiah-7/14/06 Dallas Duane-4/8/08 and Natalie blaire 12/23/09. Proud ERF,BF and EH mommaCafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
teachermama81
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM

At 6.5 months you can def start solids if you want but you don't have to.  She's probably teething.  If baby bites, I say sternly, "No biting".  tehn I go get a teether and give it to her to teethe on. 

teachermama81
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:22 PM

oh and if i notice her kinda playing around, not really interested in nursing, I unlatch and just snuggle her, becasue that's when she's most likely to bite IME.

Aimee91
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:38 PM

thanks, i never made it this far with my other too, i give that a try

Forget-me-not
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:41 PM
I firmly told my son NO and set him on the ground and walked away, we only did this twice at 6.5 months and he is 13months and although a biter now has yet to bite the boob that feeds him again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teachermama81
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Well GREAT job making it this far!  You just gotta be consistent and really watch them :)

Aimee91
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM

my odlest i had intervertid nipples and the nipple sheid correced the issue but the mik woud just run down me so i pumped for 2 weeks then go flusterated and gave up, and then my 2d i worked at a diary queen, no place to pump and one week i worked 4 - cose then the next week 9-4 so nothing consistent and no where to pumpim i made it to 3 1/2 mos with h and with this baby, i knew better, so i do better :)

annaica
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:58 PM

MY DD DOES TOO- 5 MONTHS OLD- AND YES I GAVE HER MASHED UP AVOCADO AND SHE HATED IT, SO WENT TO PEARS, PRUNES WITH CEREAL, BANANAS AND SWEET POTATOES EVER 1-2 DAYS AND SHE DOESN'T REALLY BITE ANYMORE.  IT HURTS THOUGH... I FEEL FOR YA!  HOPE YOU GET IT FIGURED OUT! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)