Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're back!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hiya ladies! I left about 4 months ago when I had to wean my DD. I was pregnant and it was high-risk already, so it was encouraged that I stopped BF. Well, my second DD was born last week! Although we are having problems with jaundice and her not nursing well, we are back! Right now we are pumping and bottle feeding until the jaundice is taken care of. It stinks, but she is a premie and isn't nursing well at all. Once she is ok, we are going to go full-force nursing!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM
congrats!!!! i never dealt with a premie...but i do know what jaundice is like! hang in there mama!!!
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:03 PM
congrats! i just wrote something but it didnt send for some reason. anyways....i never dealt with a premie...but i know what a challenge jaundice can be. hang in there mama!
marinesweetie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:05 PM
Yay congrats on your new baby girl!!! I hope she becomes a great nurser once you can full force boobie feed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Congratulations! Welcome back! Breastmilk is THE BEST for preemies,so if you have to give supplemental bottles you can give expressed breastmilk instead of formula!

More info here....

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/premimportant.html

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/prempump.html

breastfeeding.jpg breastfeeding image by evemarcelo 

JenTheDragon
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Yup. We are giving expressed milk. The only formula she had was in the hospital since she had blood sugar issues right away. I was still on the operating table and not able to help her. =( But since then, all BM!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)