Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another Dairy Post

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:07 PM
  • 1 Replies

It's so funny how I begin to have an issue and I get on here and you ladies are already discussing it! You have no idea what an amazing help you all have been.
Right now DS has mucusy poo with blood in it, has always been a really fussy baby, and just acts in general like he's uncomfortable. Doc thinks it's a dairy allergy and I've been banned from all things milky, creamy, buttery, and yummy! (and can I just say i'm craving chocolate like no other!!!!! LOL)  I'm terrified though that I'm eating dairy without realizing it. I was going to give him formula for a week (alimentum) and pump to keep up my supply and see if the blood and symptoms cleared and then go back to breastfeeding but after smelling that nasty stuff I don't want to give it to him anymore than I do...ugh, it's gross.
So I'm looking for food advise, what were some great things that you found that were dairy free (So i'm not just eating grilled chicken and plain baked potatoes for the next Lord knows how many months)  and what were some things that you were suprised had dairy in them? I've been on Kellymom.com and printed her list of diary and hidden dairy but I still feel like I'm not eating enough or nutritious enough food.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
trebelcleff
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I have to watch how much gluten I eat (what a pain in the behind that is!) because of our LO, and I've noticed that a lot of the gluten free products (like chocolate brownie mixes and cookies) are also free of other allergies... including lactose!!!  Try the natural foods isle or a Coop. for pre-made items or mixes... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)