Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter had a seizure over the weekend...OT

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

My 4 yr old who some of you may know about already has cerebral palsy. She had a stroke inutero that caused the CP but has been doing really well since. She is non mobile but is the most social and sweetest kid I have ever known.

On Saturday morning I heard her cry out in her room which is not too unusual...she usually cries when she wakes up. I went in to get her and she was blue and her eyes where as far over to the left as they could be. I yelled for my husband and he came in and we talked to her for just a few seconds. She could actually respond to us which was a good thing.

he picked her up and noticed she was trembling and shaking. Her breathing started getting worse so we rushed her to the ER....Thank the Lord that her CT scan came out good and she hasn't had any issues since. It was one of the most scariest things I have ever dealt with.

Sometimes I wonder if I was able to breastfeed her if she would be an overall healthy person. I guess the past is in the past. I am just praying that this seizure was a one time thing.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kenre
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Oh my goodness. I'm glad she is okay! I hope it was a one-time thing as well. I give her luck, thoughts/prayers (whatever you believe in), and hope for the future.

mjp2707
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM
So sorry. This is such a hard thing to witness. My son had one due to a fever and I was certain he was going into cardiac failure (has heart issues) and thought he was going to die. Good luck she's beautiful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JordanV
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Oh my gosh!  I am SO sorry...that had to be insanely scary!  I'm so glad she's ok. 

mommy_10
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM

i'm hoping it was a one time thing too..but be prepared it can happen again...don't want to scare you but it can happen..my dd who is 3 had them..and she is now on medications to help control them...and yes, she was a healthy girl....

cmiller83
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM
Yea we know :-(......she is very likely to have them because of the scar tissue in her brain. We are lucky to have gone 4 yrs

Quoting mommy_10:

i'm hoping it was a one time thing too..but be prepared it can happen again...don't want to scare you but it can happen..my dd who is 3 had them..and she is now on medications to help control them...and yes, she was a healthy girl....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:50 PM
Bless her little self! That must have been scary for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sienasmommy18
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Poor baby!! I'm so glad she is ok I will pray for her, that must be a scary thing to go threw for her and you and dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
star33
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:37 PM

don't beat urself up mama.i know it's a "mom" thing to do.playing what if won't get u anywhere.

AngelicMommy_72
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:44 PM

my boyfriends two sisters 4 kids have all had seizures due to high fevers...  it's the most frightening thing a mom can go through.. im so glad to hear she's doing well.. i hope she never ever has to go through it again. take care mama.

and just so u know, u did nothing wrong. my first son i didnt breastfeed and he was the picture of health, still is at 2 yrs old... my second son i still breastfeed at 15 months and he's had quite a few issues, and catches colds more easily than my older son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)