Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need more milk!!! help please

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

My baby is almost 4months old! just the last two day i can not get alot of milk when i am pumping i am only getting an oz when i use to get 3 to 5 oz out of each side! i still nurse him as well but after i nurse i pump and he is such a big boy that he eats all the time! does any one no what to doi have tyred feed every hour didn't work! should i do formulaand breast milk half and half tell i get more? i CANT stop breastfeed it is to important to me and my little man! thank you

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Your supply is fine, dearie.

Quoting mommyof3040510:

My baby is almost 4months old! just the last two day i can not get alot of milk when i am pumping i am only getting an oz when i use to get 3 to 5 oz out of each side!

The previous pump amount was insane oiversupply and you're not likely to see it again. Normalk output is one half to two ounces TOTAL...both sides. Relax. You're fine.

i still nurse him as well but after i nurse i pump

Why? Are you working? Profile doesn't indicate it. Don't boither puympiung unless you're going to be separated from him.

and he is such a big boy that he eats all the time!

He's supposed to do that. just leave him on the breast. Welcome to the next growth spurt.

does any one no what to doi have tyred feed every hour didn't work! should i do formulaand breast milk half and half tell i get more? i CANT stop breastfeed it is to important to me and my little man! thank you

Just put him on the breast and LEAVE him there. That's it. Nothing more. You have PLENTY of milk as long as you change 6-8 dipes a day. Dipes dipes dipes. Every bottle and bit of pumping you're doing, UNLESS you're pumping at work when separated from baby, is shooting yourself in the foot. Don't do that...we don't like to see moms limp!

What you pump means nothing. His behavior means nothing. Just the dipes and the milestones.

mommyof3040510
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM

even tho he is still hungry and will not stay on my boob he just keeps pulling off so then i pump and he eats all that but he will not nurse and i don't have any milk to leave him for me to work! i had to use it all

Daynaof3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Giving the bottles is the problem. He doesn't want to sing for his supper, lol. He knows he will get it easier from the bottle. Don't give him the option, just keep nursing him. It will pass. Kellymom has an article that may be helpful for you called "help--my baby won't nurse".

Quoting mommyof3040510:

even tho he is still hungry and will not stay on my boob he just keeps pulling off so then i pump and he eats all that but he will not nurse and i don't have any milk to leave him for me to work! i had to use it all

gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Do NOT give him the bottles. DO NOT. Your job is to piss him off a bit...he's not wanting to work for it. "Tough titties!" About the only place where I can say that word is appropriate! **grin**

Your supply is fine. The problem is HIM...he has classic nipple preference. No more bottles for this boy when you're home. And even when you're not...he's well olf enough for a cup. Remove the spill proof valve. Caregiver tips, baby sips.

Quoting mommyof3040510:

mommyof3040510
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM

thank you i amgoing to give that a try! thanks alot it just mean so much to me to breast feed him! i will let u no how it goes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)