Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need some advise please...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

dd nurses every 2 hours from @ 5am to 9pm. i have a class 2 nights a week and miss 3 feedings. I pump before i leave and right when i get home but i let down every 2 hours. is there something i can do to help my engorgement or will my body figure it out on its own?

Misty ~ mommy to Alex and Katie!

I'm a breast feeding, cloth diapering, recycling, nursing student that loves to sew and spend time with my family.

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/shazelwood/july20th.gif

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Your body will figure it out. Make sure you're wearing pads!

Daynaof3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Go to the bathroom and hand express or pump there, even if it's just a little bit it will help and eventually yes your supply will adjust.

alexmom07
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I'm always wearing pads otherwise i'd be soaking wet so I bring extras and change them on my breaks. Our breaks are only 10-15 minutes long and thats not enough time to get to my truck and pump and get back in time and I won't do it in the bathroom- they're just unhealthy IMO. As long as  it will adjust i'll suffer through it for a while. thanks ladies.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM

You could ask if theres an unused classroom or office you can use.  I personally would use the bathroom to relieve engorgement even if you don't want to use the milk beucase you feel its unsanitary.

Quoting alexmom07:

I'm always wearing pads otherwise i'd be soaking wet so I bring extras and change them on my breaks. Our breaks are only 10-15 minutes long and thats not enough time to get to my truck and pump and get back in time and I won't do it in the bathroom- they're just unhealthy IMO. As long as  it will adjust i'll suffer through it for a while. thanks ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)