Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding classes

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

Did you go to any?

i called my hospital today and there is one tomorrow from 7-9pm

so i signed up :)

i wish df could come with but he works nights so my mom is going to watch DS.

what do they all do? talk about basics?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kyriesmommy13
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:33 AM
the class at my hospital just covered minimal info - the basics really. along with the hospital class, a great thing to do would be to find out if your area has a la leche league meeting, and start going now!! they are extremely helpful and immensely knowledgeable!! check out llli.org and good luck momma!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:42 AM

I'd heard bad bad things about hospital "breastfeeding" classes (what I heard about local ones was basically they'd try to scare you into using formula).  Needless to say, I didn't take any hospital based classes.  I read a lot of books though, because that's how I learn best.  Read The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (which I love, partly just because I love the title, lol), the Dr. Sears Breastfeeding book, and figured I was pretty much good to go.  So far, two babies and I haven't yet encountered a problem one of those two books couldn't help me solve.

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Hospital breastfeeding classes can be good or bad, depending on your hospital and who is teaching the class! Something for you to consider would be attending a La Leche League meeting (local groups found here: www.llli.org/WebUS.html) and picking up a copy of THE WOMANLY ART OF BREASTFEEDING! Another excellent book.. Dr William Sears' THE BABY BOOK!

breastfeeding.jpg breastfeeding image by evemarcelo 

Ajanee12
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Hospital breastfeeding classes can be good or bad, depending on your hospital and who is teaching the class! Something for you to consider would be attending a La Leche League meeting (local groups found here: www.llli.org/WebUS.html) and picking up a copy of THE WOMANLY ART OF BREASTFEEDING! Another excellent book.. Dr William Sears' THE BABY BOOK!

the closest is 6 hours away ><

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)