Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any moms with the mirena

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:26 AM
  • 15 Replies

I seen a post about a mom who hadn't had sex in 5months since her baby was born and my post is along those lines.  I've had sex 2 times since he was born and it's killing me.  when we do have sex i made him use a condom eventhough i do have the mirena.  but i am wondering bc when we did it both times i ended up getting raw and that was with lubricant being used would the lack of natural lubricant be because of me breastfeedin?  dont take this wrong i will not quit nursing til he is ready to wean but didn't know if that really had anything to do with it.  i absolutely hate using the condoms and we have thought about using a spermicidal lubricant.  would that be ok to use while i'm nursing?  or would i really be ok using nothing since i do have the mirena and am ebf.  thank you so much.  i am looking so forward to him coming home and us having that level of intimacy back

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkadot80
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:32 AM

my dr. told me to use lubricant when i have sex, breast feeding makes you dry!  so find some lube :0)  we still have not had sex and my daughter turned 9 weeks old friday, i just don't want to yet!  plus i had my IUD put in at my 6 week checkup and am still spotty bleeding, ugh!

Christina807
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:34 AM

I have the Mirena and we never use any other form of birth control.  We do use a really good lube, not some cheap stuff you get at the grocery store.  We usually buy lube from online sex toy sites.  However, if you are going to get lube from the grocery store, I would go with Astroglide.  And it still hurts when we first get started but then after a minute or so, it's not bad.  I rarely want to have sex, though.  I could take it or leave it, but we do have sex about once a week or so.

sassytasha
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:37 AM

well do u think it would be ok to use a spermicidal lube?  bc when we use condoms i feel like that makes me even rawer bc even though we do use some lube and the condoms have some on them.  did ur dr tell u u should use condoms the whole time or that wouldn't be an issue?  bc if i recall right he told me to just use a back up for a couple of weeks.  i've had my mirena in since like around nov i beleive

sassytasha
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Quoting Christina807:

I have the Mirena and we never use any other form of birth control.  We do use a really good lube, not some cheap stuff you get at the grocery store.  We usually buy lube from online sex toy sites.  However, if you are going to get lube from the grocery store, I would go with Astroglide.  And it still hurts when we first get started but then after a minute or so, it's not bad.  I rarely want to have sex, though.  I could take it or leave it, but we do have sex about once a week or so.

what kind of lube are u using?  because we've used astroglide, almost all the ky brands and nothing is working.  i just really think alot of our prob has to do with the condoms also but i fussed and griped at him for so long about when we did have sex we needed to use them i'm not going to let him know he is right and that we didn't have to use them at all.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
Christina807
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM

This is what we usually use.  It's silcone based so it is really slippery and washes off with soap and water.  Not just water. 

http://www.sliquid.com/silver.htm - I see that you can order it from drugstore.com

We've also used this one in the past, though I don't think we've used it since I had my daughter.  This one is one of the better water based ones that we've found. 

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=71827&catid=682&fromsrch=liquid+silk+lubricant

nngmommy83
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I don't use condoms when I have my Mirena in cause it works right away. Granted there's still that very very very slim chance but that's with anything. I would say ditch the condoms, get some lube, and tell your SO to get you real worked up *wink wink* lol all those things should help the dryness

sassytasha
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Quoting Christina807:

This is what we usually use.  It's silcone based so it is really slippery and washes off with soap and water.  Not just water. 

http://www.sliquid.com/silver.htm - I see that you can order it from drugstore.com

We've also used this one in the past, though I don't think we've used it since I had my daughter.  This one is one of the better water based ones that we've found. 

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=71827&catid=682&fromsrch=liquid+silk+lubricant

ok well thank you so much,  we hae been in such a stand still and i am so ready to have that level of intimacy back its not even funny.  he's in the national guard and had to leave fkor his 3 week training and my goodness i wanted to jump him then and there but new it wasn't going to be good if i did bc the 2 times weve had sex ive became raw and have torn so i'm willing to wait to get the right equipment so that we can both enjoy it thanks again

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
sassytasha
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Quoting nngmommy83:

I don't use condoms when I have my Mirena in cause it works right away. Granted there's still that very very very slim chance but that's with anything. I would say ditch the condoms, get some lube, and tell your SO to get you real worked up *wink wink* lol all those things should help the dryness

when we have talked about sex i casually hint arou nd to not using them and then he's all like well u was the one that bitched a fit for me 2 sue them when i told u we didn't have 2.  now he tho ught mb using a spermicaidal lub and no condome would b ok but hearing the effects of that crap has totally got me not wanting to use them.  im not normally sensitive to stuff like that  but that would b jusst my luck.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
nngmommy83
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Condoms totally irritate me which is Y I chose the IUD as birthcontrol in the first place so I wouldn't have to use them

sassytasha
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM

well we never used condoms before except when we first started dating.  and i think that now that could be the cause of some of the problems. bc we didnt use to and now we are but i'm not lying when we did use them those 2 times i thought i was gong to die.  i personally am fine not using them at all because that is y i am probably getting irritated from them and when we did use them he got soem irritation from them 2. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)