Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I call?? Question about Postpartum appointment!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

So when I had my daughter the Doc and nurse told me that I would recieve an appointment in the mail to have my postpartum checkup at 4 wks. I even recieved a peice of paper saying the same. Well I am now past 4 wks postpartum and I haven't recieved anything from my OB's office. So should I call or should I give it the typical 6 wks and just see if they send me something by then?

I have no idea why they said they were gonna schedule me for a 4 wk postpartum apt as opposed to a 6 wk but that is what I was told!

So Call or not to call that is the question :)

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age1 and one girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! I am truely blessed!                                                                                                          

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cmiller83
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Just call and schedule a check up.....

engsmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:46 PM

If it were me, I would call.

hoping4number3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:20 PM

yea, call. or. you could skip it lol I skipped mine. of course this was my 4th baby, and I'm kinda use to knowing what is normal to feel and what is not lol

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM

GO ahead and call

mommyofwilliam
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM

i had a pp appt at 4 weeks. but i had a retained placenta  and they wanted to check soon to make sure i didnt have an infection

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:28 PM

It would be fine for you to give them a call! 

breastfeeding.jpg breastfeeding image by evemarcelo 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)