Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do I need to cut out dairy?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

My DD hasn't been gassy at all since she was born until the last couple of days. She has been really gassy and she just grunts and strains and screams until she passes gas. I haven't eaten more dairy these past couple days or anything so I didn't know if that could be it or not. What do you ladies think I should do? Oh, btw she will be 4 weeks on Tuesday.  If it possibly the dairy even though it just started what suggestions do you have about cutting dairy out? I mean I eat dairy quite a bit and I'm not sure how to cut it all out and not die. lol.

Lilypie - (dwGi)

Lilypie - (eluz)gorgeous-grils.gif                   Lovin' my life as an oilfield wife!!!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM

If it just started, I doubt it's dairy.  It could just be her age--babies tend to do that!

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:21 PM
Agree w pp. My babies (4) were miserable and gassy and cried when pooping for a good 8 weeks. I think I had overactive letdown. We tried mylicon, every gripe water in the US and Canada, dairy-free. Just seemed to be that age. I remember the baby waking up, crying and grunting, a fart and then sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:39 PM

I would think forceful letdown first. Kellymom has info on it. You can try gripe water to see if it helps but definitely check out the kellymom article on forceful letdown.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)