Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursing Covers piog

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM
  • 14 Replies

What is the difference between Hooter hiders, Cafe Au Lait covers and Joanna Design covers?  What do you use?  What do you like/dislike about them?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:13 PM

http://blisstree.com/live/free-pattern-to-sew-your-own-nursing-cover/

Make your own for $8 ( no harder than jr high home ec, I promise)

armywife1229
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I use the Uddercovers one. Mostly only because I got it free. But I like the wire t the top so I can see her, and it covers more than enough, even when she squirms.

mommyofwilliam
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:19 PM

same

Quoting armywife1229:

I use the Uddercovers one. Mostly only because I got it free. But I like the wire t the top so I can see her, and it covers more than enough, even when she squirms.

Lilypie - (KWla)

Lilypie - (n84R)

Lilypie - (NcXI)
 ~Mindy Group Mod

TJS08
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I have an Udder Cover and a homemade that I made using the pattern that K8wisso mentioned and I find them both to function the same, but I love the homemade one because I was able to pick my fabric and really put my personality into!

TTC2Long
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Thanks!  I just got a new sewing machine, so I might try this.  It's amazing that it's so simple when they charge $30+ for them!  I just made two Moby-style wraps for $8 each - saved $27 each!

CafeMom Tickers
ErinML
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM

same here got mine on their web site for dirt cheap

Quoting mommyofwilliam:

same

Quoting armywife1229:

Come join us http://www.cafemom.com/group/105804

in love     breastfeedingbaseball

Wife2003
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:28 PM
I have the cafe au lait!! I love it but have nothing to compare it to except a cheapy one!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charity987
by Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Hooter hiders & Cafe Au Lait are one in the same. You can choose which name you want on your's. (Aparently some people don't like "Hooter Hider"). I have a Hooter Hider & an Udder Cover. They are very similar & the Udder Cover was much cheaper (only paid shipping) BUT I like my Hooter Hider better for several reasons. The HH material is softer & lighter, The HH is a little bigger & there is a terry cloth pocket in the corner that works well as burp rag &/or pacifier (or pad) holder. I've never tried a homemade one, but considered making one, but have never had the time.

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:01 AM

The Bebe Au Lait nursing covers are bigger and nicer.. but pricier! 

CLICK TO SEE WHAT'S NEW IN OUR GROUP FOR ATTACHMENT/NATURAL MOMS!

jconney80
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I used a Cafe Au Lait one in the beginning. It was much bigger than any other cover I've ever seen. it was also much easier to see my baby with the neckline that has the herringbone or metal piece in it so I could see how his latch was. I got mine free off of Freecyle. Most BFing moms are happy to help out another BFing mom who needs a cover.

Had a baby in Feb 2010?? Come join us! >>
February 2010 Babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)