Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey ladies! I'm new!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm Hollie, I'm 22 and planning to BF once my little one gets here. I'm due December 24th and I know I'm gunna have tons of questions, so here I am! :)

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Christina807
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Congrats!!  I'm Christina and have one daughter that is 11 months old.  I can't believe it's almost been a year already.  I recommend learning as much as you can now while you're pregnant.  The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, So That's What They're For, and The Ultimate Book of Breastfeeding Answers are all good books with lots of great info.  Going to a couple La Leche League meetings is also helpful, especially if you don't have much support from family and friends.

Wife2003
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:56 PM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hawlee324
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I've been looking for a new book to read, I'll have to look into those, thanks!

Quoting Christina807:

Congrats!!  I'm Christina and have one daughter that is 11 months old.  I can't believe it's almost been a year already.  I recommend learning as much as you can now while you're pregnant.  The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, So That's What They're For, and The Ultimate Book of Breastfeeding Answers are all good books with lots of great info.  Going to a couple La Leche League meetings is also helpful, especially if you don't have much support from family and friends.

CafeMom Tickers

Daynaof3
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Welcome to the group Hollie! The books mentioned are great, you can also get lots of good reliable info here: http://www.kellymom.com/ Congrats on your pregnancy!=)

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Welcome to Breastfeeding Moms, Holly! A great start to preparing for breastfeeding (and motherhood in general, LOL) is attending La Leche League meetings (http://www.llli.org/) and getting a copy of THE WOMANLY ART OF BREASTFEEDING

Another great book.. THE BABY BOOK by Dr William Sears!

CLICK TO SEE WHAT'S NEW IN OUR GROUP FOR ATTACHMENT/NATURAL MOMS!

amarazi
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Hi there!  My name is Katie and I am currently nursing my 18 mth old daughter, I exclusively pumped for my son for the first 6 mths, so I have experience from both sides of the breastfeeding game, lol.  Congrats to you momma!

jconney80
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 1:42 AM

You came to the right place! Welcome to the group! I suggest reading all of the books the previous poster says to read! I also suggest just hanging out on the group & reading the answers to questions that are asked. I learned a ton this way. Educating yourself & taking advantage of your resources will go a long way with breastfeeding. Good luck! Feel free to private message me with any questions you have or feel free to ask any of us :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)