Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pumping for baby

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM
  • 6 Replies

Im starting at school on monday and was wondering how much i need to pump for my lo to eat while he is in daycare. He eats every 2 hrs pretty much on the dot sometimes to 3 but how much should i put per bottle

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mizzbranch
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:27 AM

One to one and a half ounces per hour gone. Some people do go over but honestly I wouldn't do any more than three ounces per hour and three is pushing it, but since he is so your one ounce and hour should satisfy him just fine.

kyriesmommy13
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:43 AM
breastfed babies need 1-1.25 ounces per hour no matter what age. anything more is over feeding. if baby eats every 2 hours, make the bottles with 2-2.5 ounces in them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msmommatobe2010
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:49 AM

wow really..i pumped the other day and while i was in an appointment my dad feed the baby a 4 oz boottle. (i put a bag and bottle in diaper bag cuz i didnt know how long wed be out and my dad poured 4 oz in the bottle and he said he ate it all. thats crazy i guess since its a bottle he just kept eating

mizzbranch
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:56 AM

lol yeah they will eat what you give them in their bottles most of the time.

Quoting msmommatobe2010:

wow really..i pumped the other day and while i was in an appointment my dad feed the baby a 4 oz boottle. (i put a bag and bottle in diaper bag cuz i didnt know how long wed be out and my dad poured 4 oz in the bottle and he said he ate it all. thats crazy i guess since its a bottle he just kept eating

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

kyriesmommy13
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:05 AM
yes. babies can, and will, definitely over eat from a bottle. it takes 20 minutes for the body to sense it's full, and since the milk from a bottle can be gulped down in a few minutes, babies will over eat and their little tummies get stretched. babies tummies are the size of their palm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:27 AM

How many times have you smelled pizza or popcorn and had some even though you JUST ate dinner and were full, OR still had food on your plate but it was so good that you overstuffed yourself?

THAT is what a baby with a bottle will do.

Nurse directly before walking out the door, have a 2-2.5 oz bottle offered every 2 hours and NO bottles within 2 hours of you coming home so that he is HUNGRY and ready to nurse as soon as you walk in the door!

You want baby to think that bottles are the lower supply times of the day and the breast is higher supply times so baby prefer the breast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)