• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

My Son is almost 23 months i can not get him to stop breastfeeding i am 18 weeks pregnant I need help and some advie on what to do is it healthy for me cause im pregnant?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom71307
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:41 PM

You are FINE!  IF he is happy and you don't mind still nursing... no worries!  I nursed my daughter throughout my pregnancy with my son and still am.  They are 3 and 10 months.  Unless you are high risk for early labor, you are FINE to nurse through pregnancy!

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM
Ditto what she said! Make sure you're eating enough; probably at leasy 750 calories to support breastfeeding and pregnancy, above your normal intake.

Quoting Mom71307:

You are FINE!  IF he is happy and you don't mind still nursing... no worries!  I nursed my daughter throughout my pregnancy with my son and still am.  They are 3 and 10 months.  Unless you are high risk for early labor, you are FINE to nurse through pregnancy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Its perfectly fine to BF through a pregnancy if you are not high risk, I nursed through my whole last pregnancy atleast once a day no big deal.

If you want to wean do it slowly and distrct instead of saying NO, but if you are just really worried about pregancy and are ok otherwise..no worries its fine

celestegood
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:07 PM

You are just fine!  I bf my last baby until I was seven months pregnant, and I dried up-and he got mad and kept biting me because nothing came out.  So, I stopped offering but didn't refuse him-and he never asked again, so we weaned. 

It's not unhealthy-as long as you don't have a history of bad preterm labor, you can bf until you give birth and beyond, you can tandem feed!  Just eat enough calories as a pp said.  Good job, and enjoy your little ones!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)