Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone not HATE pumping?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok so yeah I prefer to BF and my son so far has had no bottles, but I always hear I HATE PUMPING and I thought about it, and I don't. 

Everyone was so looking forward to stop pumping at 12 months, I took the summer off from 15-17 months and then went back to pumping til 19.5 months with my oldest so I pumped from 4 months to 15 months then 17-19.5 months 5 days a week 3-4 times a day sometimes 5 when I was trying to raise supply, gradually cutting back near the end.  NO I was not a super pumper and I struggled to pump much at all but I continued.

THIS time I have pumped once a day since my son was born so everyday(but one) I have got up each morning and pumped from May 1 til now.  Some days in the beginning where he slept alot and my supply was high I pumped more.

I don't look forward to going back to work, but I know Aug 16 is coming fast and I will be pumping every 2-3 hours starting that day 5 days a week and I don't dread the pumping part.  Its just another part of my workday and when it was gone last time it felt odd to have so much time lol.

ANYONE ELSE NOT HATE PUMPING??

How often do you pump? 

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Arisce
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:07 PM

It's not my favorite, but I don't hate it. I wish I had a good double pump though.

Sophie1106
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I don't hate pumping either! Up until today I pumped 1-2 times most days at home. I just sit in our living room and watch tv while I do it. I just started pumping at work today. I thought I would hate doing it here but so far it's good. A little more boring than at home though. Lol. But I can usually get a really good amount so maybe that helps me not hate it.

lindsey807
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I really don't hate it.  It's an inconvienence to do it, but I need to stock pile.  LOL

Char07
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM
I never minded pumping at work but pumping at home in between feedings I find to be a pain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySteph06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:14 PM

I don't hate pumping either. I kind of enjoy it. It's the PERFECT excuse for me to sit on my butt and read a magazine or watch TV. And my SO has to do whatever it is that needs done while I'm pumping. Basically, it allows me to get my much needed break. I should pump more than I do just so I get breaks more often, but right now I only pump occassionally. I don't work and my school schedule only has me gone 4 hours at a time and usually I can get by with feeding him immediately before I leave and immediately after. But I used to go to school for 7 hours a day and had to pump everyday. I fixed myself to where my Medela Pump in Style became a hands free pump and I pumped in the morning while doing my hair and make up. Didn't bother me! lol

in love   toddler girl  toddler boy   breastfeeding

Steve & Steph         Kayla Rose         Brennan Gerard      Evan James

11/2004               10/28/06              3/16/08              10/28/09

Mrs.J.
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I try to pump three to five times a day.
Once in the morning, once in the afternoon, once at night.
Twice I try to pump just before Nicolai is ready to nurse because I can get 2+ ounces out at that time. It's cool because nomatter how much I pump, Nicolai can always get me to let down again.

I donate milk, and Dh is thinking about drinking it in protein shakes to help in his body building. A few of his idols drink breast milk so he's warming up to the idea and I have no problem with it..

I love pumping. It calms my "am I making enough?!" issue and I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I see the milk flowing.

mama02040608
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:20 PM
I just saw it as a necessary evil, though I was really glad all 4 times to stop. I really enjoy breastfeeding, though. I will miss it when this lo weans...whenever that may be, lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)