Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He will never wean!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

ok ladies

i am afraid===  my son will never wean!  he will be 2 Aug 14 and is no where near stopping BF.  what do i do.  we only do it in the house, discreetly.  when we are out and about he doesnt BF.  but when we are home, he is so cute about "the boob"  

is this normal, ok or should i try to get him to stop at some point and how??  LOL  pls help ladies---  :)

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Holly4Jean4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I support child-led weaning, and from the sounds of your attitude - you are okay with it, just wondering if it's normal.  There are lots of people who nurse their children after 2 years or 3 or 4 years - you go mama!!!

redhead-bedhead
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Exactly what she said!

Quoting Holly4Jean4:

I support child-led weaning, and from the sounds of your attitude - you are okay with it, just wondering if it's normal.  There are lots of people who nurse their children after 2 years or 3 or 4 years - you go mama!!!

redhead-bedhead
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I found this on kellymom

Extended Breastfeeding Benefits

ZandMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I stoke to may women about this..Some children breastfeed until 5 years old. I knew a women that breastfeed until year 8. Do what is best for you and your child. Congrat.s for coming this far.

maggiemom2000
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Normal! Very few kids self wean before two. The average age is around 4ys. He will wean eventually, I guarantee it!

Keep up the good work!

aphrodite7400
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:35 PM

oh ok, TY so much! i didnt know it was ok, or i mean normal, for him to still want to.  i admit i dont know much about BF  but he sure loves it.  sorry to sound so....  naive, b/c i dont know a lot about this...  TY for the replies. hugs-- :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Babe my son is 39 months and still nurses once and a while, let him pick when to nurse and he WILL wean, its recommended to nurse til age 2 as a minimum...no worries, this is normal and usually kids wean before age 4

hill4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:15 PM

OMG, you just wrote about my life. I will be checking back for sure to see what advice you get. My son is 17 months old and no where near finished. He nurses like an infant, i swear he is whining for it every hour on the hour.  I am afraid to even admit it to my friends because they are soo anti-bf'ing!

gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 8, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Look at it this way...he's ONLY two. I thoiught mine would never wean coming up on the second birthday...but he DID two months after that.

100% NORMAL. Weaning has NOTHING to do with the calendar.

JennaFoix
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 11:41 PM

everyone here will tell you its fine. if ur fine with it then just let it be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)