Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discouraged

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm so tired...my DD is having her 9 month growth spurt (I think) and is nursing constantly.  She's so restless at night (we bedshare) that I'm not sleeping much at all.  I've tried putting her in the bassinet, that doesn't work, I even tried putting her in her crib, that didn't work either.  (She woke up after about an hour).  My nipples are sore from her constant nursing coupled with my ovulation.  She's now majorly reverse cycling at daycare, eating maybe 6 ounces per 9-10 hour day and still not eating much solid food (not that I'm worried about it).  Work is majorly stressful and I'm not eating much, I've dropped 10 pounds in two weeks. 

I have never wanted to quit before...and I absolutely won't but I'm just really discouraged.  Thanks for listening.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mama02040608
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:55 PM
Sorry you're having a rough time right now...you can do this and keep going! ((((hugs))))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Lanolin for nip pain for sure, gel packs work too, take some fenugreek or drink the tea to help with the growth spurt,

My son reverse cycled too and took 4 oz in 8 hours I feel you there. 

MAKE yourself eat, and make every bite count.

Peanut butter toast in the AM with some oatmeal, get a good serving of protein at lunch and dinner,  take snacks with you and MAKE yourself eat them.  Drink tons of water.

You know that the drop in weight could KILL supply and make it taste odd too?  It can..so up your intake for your LO and tell yourself take care of me takes care of her.

HUGS momma..has school started back for you already?  I have til the 16th

teachermama81
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Tabi, I did know that it could affect supply, but I'm still pumping 10ish ounces a day so I didn't think it was.  BUT I did NOT know it could affect taste too.  That's interesting.  I'm eating oatmeal every day for breakfast and today I started drinking the tea, I should start seeing the results of that tomorrow or Monday.  I have like 40 pounds to lose, so I didn't think it would be that big of a deal to lose...it was too fast though. 

Thanks for the hugs ladies...I needed them!

catholicmamamia
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:38 AM

You know what? I've BTDT! Hang in there, mama. Just remember that your baby is worth it and you CAN do this. It is not always easy, but definitely do-able. ((((hugs)))) 

Mia~ happily married wife and breastfeeding, babywearing, sleepsharing, clothdiapering sahm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)