Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is probably a dumb question...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
But I'm going back to work soon and need to start pumping...some people have said to pump in the morning while DS is nursing. How do I nurse on one side and pump on the other? LOL I guess I'm kinda clumsy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sharivegas0614
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:36 AM

I don't pump but I will bump for you!!

karischub
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:42 AM

BUMP!

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:49 AM
I'm not a pumper either, but I assume they're suggesting an electric pump on one breast while nursing on the other. I am bf'ing my fourth and consider myself a talented bfer but no way could I do that with a manual pump. Though my dd is also talented, just helping herself. Maybe I could ;) nah, dd is a year and would be goofing with the pump, manual or electric.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superexcitedmom
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:52 AM
You need a god electric pump... it does take a lil practce but you get the pump all ready sitting next to you & everything... even have it turned on already! then you get the baby latched & comfy... & with one hand hold the pump on the other side... :) you will get use to it!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:07 AM

It's tough but doable! I sit DD on one thigh and hold her kind of upright, supporting her with my arm (same side she's sitting on), and then the other breast is freely accessible. So I hold my pump part up to that side with my other arm. Or if she is being squirmy I put on my hands free pumping band so I can hold her with both hands (or do football hold) and don't have to hold the pump part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)