Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

15 month old with peeling fingers and toes...OT

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 7:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

So, I know this isn't breastfeeding related, but I trust you ladies and your opinions!  So here goes....in the past few days I've noticed my 15 month old's little fingers are peeling big time.  (kinda all around the tips of his fingers and around the nails).  AND....his two big toes, the skin on the bottom is peeling off too??  I've googled it and haven't gotten alot of info.  I was just wondering if anything like this has ever happened to any of your kiddos???

I was thinking maybe growth spurt??? 

Thanks guys!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie - Personal picture

I am a non-vaccinating, non-circ, anti-CIO, cosleeping, homebirthing, baby wearing, anti-spanking, extended BF, BF on demand, AP mama.
by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 17, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Does he play in water a lot? Because that can cause peeling.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I would say growth spurt too, but I don't really know for sure,  My DS's skin around his finger nails would peel when he was a newborn going through all those huge groth spurts.

Bmomma2
by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Kowasaki Virus  it is rare but this is a major symptom...usually also accompanied by fever...maybe its that...if he gets a fever or seems sick Id take him to the doc striaght away

Be patient , kind, and understanding.  Be the mom.

BabyLove418
by on Aug. 26, 2010 at 7:16 AM

I don't think it's Kawasaki's Disease or anything like that.  He doesn't have any other symptoms...Ie: fever, rash, ect. and Kawasaki's is usually in Asian decent. 

It's odd though...still can't figure it out!!  The doc doesn't think it's a big deal though, so i'm not too worried.  Just lotioning them up every night really well and hoping it goes away!

Thanks ladies!!

Sekzymexi
by on Aug. 26, 2010 at 7:24 AM

When I was a kid I my fingers and toes would peel around a certain time of year...it was very annoying...it kind of just stopped once I got older. Don't really know why or what it was. I dont think its anything to worry about.

shauna1227
by on Aug. 26, 2010 at 7:45 AM
I know at least 3 children that got Kawasaki's that were not of Asian descent. But they all did have fevers.

Quoting BabyLove418:

I don't think it's Kawasaki's Disease or anything like that.  He doesn't have any other symptoms...Ie: fever, rash, ect. and Kawasaki's is usually in Asian decent. 

It's odd though...still can't figure it out!!  The doc doesn't think it's a big deal though, so i'm not too worried.  Just lotioning them up every night really well and hoping it goes away!

Thanks ladies!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Aug. 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM

The skin on the bottom of my daughter's feet was peeling a few weeks ago. She'll be two in November. I chalked it up to new shoes and being stuck with daddy's feet, which are a peeling mess. lol

BabyLove418
by on Aug. 28, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Quoting LKRA:

The skin on the bottom of my daughter's feet was peeling a few weeks ago. She'll be two in November. I chalked it up to new shoes and being stuck with daddy's feet, which are a peeling mess. lol

Ohhh my husbands are too!  His feet are just grose!  I'm hoping Tristan did not get his daddy's feet...but i have a bad feeling!

I bought some coconut oil today and am going to try that.  It's a natural anti-fungal, just in case...plus it will moisterize at the same time.  Ahhh...it's always something isn't it?! :-) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)