Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do i do?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

Natalie just woke up pukeing everywhere. and just bbeing whiney and stuff. she threw up earlier this evening while grunting to have a poop. and she would only nurse 3 times today i left her with my mil f or a few hours and left her with a 3 oz bottle and she didnt even touch it. What could be up? Ive never had a sick bf baby before.

what do i do?

im Aimee Proud mommy to Christian Jerimiah-7/14/06 Dallas Duane-4/8/08 and Natalie blaire 12/23/09. Proud ERF,BF and EH mommaCafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jkleinman
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Call your ped.  They should have an after hours number to call for situations like this.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:02 AM
Keep offering. Your milk is the best thing for your baby right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aimee91
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Thanks! im calling her dr in the am, im thinking its just her reflux acting up but its never been this bad the call nurse said to give her pedilyte. not comfy with that.

Daynaof3
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Do shorter more frequent feedings. The smaller amounts are easier to keep down. Hope she is doing better soon, poor little one! =(

k.stark
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:49 AM

This and maybe have her sleep on an incline.... Good Luck.. I hope she's feeling better soon!

Quoting Daynaof3:

Do shorter more frequent feedings. The smaller amounts are easier to keep down. Hope she is doing better soon, poor little one! =(

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
kyriesmommy13
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:44 AM
pedialyte is not necessary. if she is nursing, then she will be getting something way better than pedialyte!! hope she feels better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:01 AM

Nurses are as bad as doctors! BM is better than pedialyte!

http://www.kellymom.com/health/illness/baby-illness.html

If she won't nurse pump every two hours...give small amounts by syringe, small amounts given often are easier on the tummy

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:02 AM

If she starts running a fever take her in...could be her ears

Aimee91
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:19 PM

thanks! she is doing better today still cranky she still only ate 3 times today tho. she has a appt tomarrow afternoon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)