Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kind of Random

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM
  • 3 Replies

When do babies/toddlers start having hunger feelings for real food? I assume that at one point milk (liquid) cannot be as satisfying as real food, so do they start to feel sick because they have not eaten food like an adult would?

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jrncjsmommie
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM

ummm...i dont think so. normally you can just pay attention to babies cues. if baby starts to reach for food when your eating (at 6months or later) then feel free to mash up some banana and let your baby have a taste. if baby eats it just fine then week by week add new mashed up foods. after 1yr baby can have most solid foods and nursing is like a snack and their drink in between meals.

Miss.Cullen
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Thank you... I'm kind of on the line about it being a baby though, I shouldn't of written that.

Like a toddler 12 months+, do they start getting hungry for real food if not fed anything but BM say for a few hours when normally they would get real food? I was just curious to know if there is a time when hunger for real food comes into play and BM isn't 'as' filling as it was. 

Quoting jrncjsmommie:

ummm...i dont think so. normally you can just pay attention to babies cues. if baby starts to reach for food when your eating (at 6months or later) then feel free to mash up some banana and let your baby have a taste. if baby eats it just fine then week by week add new mashed up foods. after 1yr baby can have most solid foods and nursing is like a snack and their drink in between meals.

gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM

It's not a calendar thing. You will at one year give solids first and then nurse. Nothing to overthink here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)