Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moving her to a different bed

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:36 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok right now my dd sleeps in a bassinet right beside my bed. At five months, she still wakes up during the night to nurse. (and I usually just end up keeping her in my bed all night so she can nurse when she wants to without me having to wake up again)

But... Now she's out growing her bassinet. And when I do get a crib (i really can't afford one though) it won't fit in my bedroom. So I'm not sure what to do, or where to put her. I live in a mobile home, the only other places the crib will fit is (in order from closest to my room to furthest) the living room, the kitchen, or the study. I guess I'll put her in the living room,  but I don't have a baby monitor (can't afford one either) so I'm not sure I'd hear her when she gets hungry during the night.

I'm just not sure what to do about the whole situation.

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cutiepye228
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:41 AM

what about a pack and play. will that fit in ur bedroom?

kyriesmommy13
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:48 AM
what about bed-sharing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treehugger823
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Quoting cutiepye228:

you know what, it just might. I'll have to cushion it with blankets and stuff because that sucker is hard as a ROCK but that is a brilliant idea, thank  you!

jeng1980
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:54 AM

My almost 2 year old has been in a pack and play for a while.  I put the crib mattress in there and fill the gaps up with blankets.  It works perfectly. :)

Quoting treehugger823:

Quoting cutiepye228:

you know what, it just might. I'll have to cushion it with blankets and stuff because that sucker is hard as a ROCK but that is a brilliant idea, thank  you!

Jennifer Gooden-Mom to 3 beautiful children

mommawhite08
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Quoting treehugger823:

Quoting cutiepye228:

just get a padded pack  n play sheet, you don't want any loose blankets or padding in with her!  if you can't afford the padded sheet, I would put a towel under the sheet to pad it a little but since it was under the sheet it would be LESS likely to cause a risk of sids

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
kyriesmommy13
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:06 PM
that sounds like it would be comfortable. what a good idea!

Quoting jeng1980:

My almost 2 year old has been in a pack and play for a while.  I put the crib mattress in there and fill the gaps up with blankets.  It works perfectly. :)

Quoting treehugger823:

Quoting cutiepye228:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)