Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously stinky poo question (TMI?) Need advice! =o)

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:33 AM
  • 8 Replies

Lately my LO has had some seriously stinky poo and farts.  It doesn't seem to really be bothering her that much and the poo is still the normal yellow mustardy in color but is a little less curdly than normal.  I am wondering if this is a sign of something being wrong or if it is something I ate?  I think I eat a very healthy diet with low intake of gassy and acidic foods but perhaps I am wrong? I make sure to steer clear of all gassy veggies, garlic, and spicy things but I do drink milk and eat yogurt, could this be it?  Is there any sure fire way to tell? I am also a working & pumping mom so possibly a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance? I dunno... I need some opinions, please.   =o)

*~*JuLeS*~*

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JuLiJuLes5
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Anyone?  lol

Daynaof3
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I wouldn't worry about it as long as she doesn't seem bothered by it.

Mattsluvbug
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM

BUMP!

Holly.Nichole
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I wouldn't think it would be f/h imbalance if it's still yellow. It's usually green if that's the case. Has anyone given her anything other than breastmilk? Solids/Formula/etc will cause a change in smell often times before theres a change in appearance. I know when my son started solids around 9 months his changed in smell way before it changed in appearance because there was very little he was eating at first.

I'm sure that's not the case with you but it is the only thing i can think of. Sorry. Maybe someone else can be more help.

musik16
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:58 PM

foods that make you gassy does not make baby gassy. I use to think the same thing until i read up on how breastmilk is made. it comes from your intestine where the food is broken down. No need to worry about steering clear of certain foods. you can read up on this at kellymom.com

Also my DD's poo's change from time to time, she is 3 months, but as long as the color is the same and you and just feeding her breast milk i would not worry.

gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 24, 2010 at 4:21 PM

It COULD be the dairy, but nothing you write here is distressing. Except to your nose, I'm sure. (Though I bet my dog can outstink your baby's dipes any day...little dog, BIG stink!)

lifetimelove
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 4:23 PM
Around 4 months your milk changes, and poop often does too. Is that how old your lo is? Teething can also change the smell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christina807
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM
My daughter started getting really gassy around nine weeks or so when she went from pooping everyday to a couple times a week. Although I eat gassy and spicy foods all the time. Unless she has a real problem with what I eat, I refuse to change my diet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)