Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Herbal boosters?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:56 AM
  • 2 Replies

I went and bought a bottle of fenugreek, a bottle of blessed thistle, and a box of mother's milk tea today - can we say expensive?! Well, I mean, it isn't horribly bad but, I'm pretty broke. However, my son's health is more important than having extra money laying around, so I didn't mind doing it.

Anyway - My question is this: How often do I take what? Should I take it all together, or do the tea one day and the capsules the next? I'm not 100% bad off with my supply, but I'm basically only making just enough to feed him thru the day. I want to be able to pump out some extra so that on the days that I work, I can send him with breastmilk instead of formula to whoever's house he will be staying at. The formula makes him gassy and unhappy and I would just feel all around better if he didn't have to have it at all.

Asher Levi Warren - 07.09.10 - Born to RAWK!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
brianahernandez
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I just do fenugreek. I have the 610mg capsules. To give a jump start, I take 4 pills in the morning and 4 at night. Then the next day I take 4 in the morning and 2-3 at night. I usually drop one pill per day until I'm taking about 4 every 2-4 days....just to keep it stabilized. And then eat oatmeal throughout the day (baked oatmeal, oatmeal muffins, oatmeal cookies, etc). I haven't ever had to do the tea or anything else. Just let your ds pacify himself on you and it'll help your supply. I can't do it, so when I need help, I pump until I can't (usually about 30 minutes on one side. I've noticed a huge difference when I do that. I know a lot of moms on here say not to pump, but I know what you mean about having some extra. I try to keep an 8 hour supply, but it's tough. Good luck to you!! :)

gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:10 AM

You're supposed to make only enough to feed through the day. HOWEVER... 3000 mg fenugreek. Three cups mother's milk tea. Can't tell you about the blessed thistle; never took it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)