Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new here

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:22 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hello.  I'm pregnant and due in Jan.  Joined this group b/c I had a horrible time bf my dd when she was born and thought I'd give it a try with this new one.  I didn't produce enough milk and hoping for better luck this time.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Char07
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:33 AM
Definitely a good place to be! I recommend learning a lot about what does and doesn't mean supply issues. It's pretty rare for a person to really be unable to produce enough milk, there are usually other avoidable things going on that make us think we are not producing enough. Try looking at kellymom.com and la leche league website (and going to meetings now while pregnant Is a great idea too). Good luck this group will help a lot :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifetimelove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Can we ask what led you to believe you didn't make enough last time? We might be able to help you avoid the same pitfalls this time around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JAIRATRACI
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:50 AM
I had problems breastfeeding my first as well. My second breastfed for 14 months. He weaned himself at that time. My third breastfed for 4 months and I am currently breastfeeding my fourth. Everytime is different. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Every time is indeed different. It might help to examine what happened before, to know how to handle things this time around. Also, make a point of reading ALL the posts here.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum with a lot of resources to check out, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)