Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

odd diapers and fullness questions...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son is 2 months old, so we're over the initial fullness/engorgement phase.

But, every morning my breasts feel super full and hard and he eats for like 7 mins max each side...but by the end of the day, my breats are floppy and he eats for like 20 minutes each side.

He also pees out soooo much in the morning. like a diaper at 6,8,9,11...and these are super full almost leaking diapers...then in the afternoon he'll have about 5 more really light diapers...

So, am I not producing as much in the afternoon/evening...is that why he nurses longer?

I've heard about babies that eat more in the middle of the night...reserve cycling i think it's called...so is he doing something like this, but in the morning instead of the middle of night?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kaydence2010
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:30 PM
Your milk production is highest in the morning. My dd is the same way. She likes pooping mostly earlier in the day. In the evening, it's all pee
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ammie25
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Is she nursing at night? If she's not, that could also be why you're so full in the morning. :)

marieadams
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:42 PM

no, he usually nurses around 6:45/7:30 and is asleep by 8pm, then wakes up at around 3:00/3:30 and then 6:00/6:30 to eat...during the day he eats about every 1.5-2.5 hours

He goes longer between feedings int he morning, like the 2.5 hours...and in the afternoon he goes around every 1-1.5 hours...that's another reason why I think he isn't getting as much later in the day.

Quoting Ammie25:

Is she nursing at night? If she's not, that could also be why you're so full in the morning. :)

gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Everything here is normal. And shortly, there will NEVER be any fullness. All good.

TDelgado987
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Same here.. I'm super full in the morning, that she almost chokes since my milk comes out so fast....

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:59 AM

Everything you are experiencing is normal! Early in the morning is usually our fullest time and late in the evening is usually our least full time.... normal!  :o)

Owner of CafeMom Groups....
Attachment Parenting Christians and Crunchy Moms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)