Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding question

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:44 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ok so my lo will be 3 months this week.  I was wondering how often everyones letdown happens during feedings?  I feel a let down around three to four times while I'm feeding her and I also feel a let down every hour to every two hours.  When you get a let down while feeding do both breast do it?  I also leak a lot of milk.  She has been having green poops lately, so I was thinking that I might have an oversupply and have been doing block feeding, but I also have been eating a lot more diary products lately, so I don't know if it's a reaction to that.  She hasn't been acting different, she is super gassy, but has always been since birth... How could I fix the green poop?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gdiamante
by Gina on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Quoting TDelgado987:

Ok so my lo will be 3 months this week.  I was wondering how often everyones letdown happens during feedings? 

Anywhere from once to once every few minutes is normal.

I feel a let down around three to four times while I'm feeding her

Normal.

and I also feel a let down every hour to every two hours. 

Normal.

When you get a let down while feeding do both breast do it? 

Usually yes...which is why many of us get soaked on one side during a feeding!

I also leak a lot of milk.  She has been having green poops lately, so I was thinking that I might have an oversupply and have been doing block feeding, but I also have been eating a lot more diary products lately, so I don't know if it's a reaction to that. 

She hasn't been acting different, she is super gassy, but has always been since birth... How could I fix the green poop?

If the block feeding hasn't made a difference, then time to say bye to dairy.

TDelgado987
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Thanks... I think that might be the problem... I've noticed yellow seedy poops in the mornings, but they will turn green throughout the day... I have stopped the diary to see if that might be the problem...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)