Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I understand the passion now!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:22 PM
  • 18 Replies
Hello ladies. :) I am a first time mommy, and my daughter Anabelle is officially 1 week old today. Before I had her, I had been planning to breadtfeed but was skeptical it would work for me. Giving formula wasn't that big of a deal to me if I needed to. Wow, I was wrong! I began breastfeeding right away. My baby was sent to the NICU and I knew how important it was for me to give her breastmilk. The nurses in the NICU encouraged me so much and taught me so many tips and tricks. I began pumping as well to keep up supply. They told me she would be there two weeks and was released in 3 days. I'd like to think I had at least a tiny bit to do with that. We have a bottle of similac someone got us, and I decided to pour it in a glass. I looked at my pure white non scented breastmilk and then at the gray stinky formula. It was then that I couldn't imagine giving my sweet babygirl anything other than my milk. I never thought I would feel so passionately until she got here. I feel honored that I can do this for her. Now I understand why women on here are so passionate about BFing. Anabelle is a natural and I got lucky that she has responded so well. My husband is beyond supportive.. Even massages my breasts for me while I'm pumping and gets excited how many ounces I get each time lol. I am loving being a mommy so much, and just wanted to share. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Char07
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:25 PM
Congrats on your baby girl! Love the name, my Annabelle is 11 weeks old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyriesmommy13
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:26 PM
that's awesome and beautiful!! brought tears to my eyes! i'm also very passionate - a total lactivist!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minimom424
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:34 PM

That is so wonderful! I'm so happy for you! Your daughter has an awesome Mommy!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:37 PM

SOOO awesome I wish other moms had this revelation...

tashangel31
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:39 PM

i feel the same way... its a great feeling knowing that us as mommies alone are fully supporting and sastaining a human life!!! great job mama

mom-lovingit
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:19 PM

That is wonderful, i am so happy for you and your baby girl :o)  If you don't know already, thought I would mention the joy of a pumping bra to you- either to buy or make ((cut 2 small holes in an old sports bra for the small end of the flanges to fit through, then hook up!  Pump n cafe-mom, pump n read, pump n eat... love it :o)

mom-lovingit
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:22 PM

This :O)

Quoting tashangel31:

i feel the same way... its a great feeling knowing that us as mommies alone are fully supporting and sastaining a human life!!! great job mama

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:22 AM

This brought tears to my eyes, too! I am so happy to hear that you *get it*! I never set out to be so passionate about breastfeeding. Initially, I was only passionate about helping families bond in healthy and loving ways. It was both research and experience that led me to such a profound appreciation of the wonders of breastmilk and the bond of the breastfeeding mother and child.

Congratulations on your baby! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Owner of CafeMom Groups....
Attachment Parenting Christians and Crunchy Moms

tapshoes4
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:28 AM
yay momma!!!! Exactly.....its so important, healthy, special.....u name it. Congrats hun!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
star33
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM

so happy for u!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)