Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wondering *a poll*

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: What age did your LO's wean or what age did you wean them?

Options:

I weaned before 6 months

LO self weaned before 6 months

Weaned 6-12 months

Self weaned 6-12months

Weaned 12-24 months

Self weaned 12-24months

Weaned 24-36 months

Self weaned 24-36months

Weaned past 36months

Self weaned past 36months

I haven't weaned but will at a certain age

I haven't weaned but will let LO self wean

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sipesyeri
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I only made it to 4 months with my first child. I didn't know an better! I am still BF my 9 month old and will go till he says no mo!

CjEmmemommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Both of my children self weaned in the 12 to 24 months range.

Erica

CuSukha
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I am still BFing and will to atleast 2, but I'm not sure if I want to go past 3. I'm sure I will be ready to wean before she will be ready too. So not sure what I'm going to do, I have a while to ponder

ALOUDWHISPER
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I GUESS MY ANSWER GOES FOR ALL 3 OF MY BABIES, MY OLDEST WEANED HIMSELF AT 14MTHS AS HE WAS TO BUSY & PREFERED TO GRAB A CUP & GO...... MY  2ND MAY HAVE GONE LONGER SHE WAS JUST ABOUT 2 GIVE OR TAKE A FEW DAYS WHEN THE BABY WAS BORN SHE WAS 23MTHS & SHE KNEW THE BABY NEEDED THE MILK (I HAD FULLY PLANNED ON TANDEM NURSING) WHEN I CAME HOME WITH THE BABY IT WAS THE BABIES SHE ASKED/TRIED TO NURSE A FEW TIMES IN THE NEXT MONTH BUT NOTHING MAJOR, MY BABY JUST RECENTLY WEANED AT 16MTHS I THINK SHE DIDN'T LIKE THE DECREASE IN MILK SUPPLY DUE TO GETTING PREGNANT IT SEEMED TO HARD FOR HER SO SHE GAVE IT UP & LOVES HER CUP.

ladysavage
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:28 PM

My daughter self weaned at 31 months, which was at the beginning of this pregnancy (I'm now 35 weeks) - I'm not sure she would have weaned herself if I hadn't have been pregnant.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Oldest was cold turkey weaned at 12 week when BCP dried me up

2nd EBF 3 weeks then all FF at 5 weeks

3rd EBF nurses about once a month maybe twice at 40.5 months

4th is 4 months and EBF will be allowed to self wean

Couldn't vote...they're all different

Jellyfish_fishJ
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:47 PM

My daughter is almost 13 months and I haven't weaned her yet.  I find it a lot harder then weaning from a bottle so I 'm not sure when I will.

trebelcleff
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I had to put haven't weaned but will at a certain age... our 11 month old is just beginning the weaning process slowly (he's reverse cycled, so it is making it kind of difficult)... I plan on doing it slowly because he also has several allergies, so it is making weaning slightly more difficult (he seems to have a reaction to cow's milk, but can have other dairy such as yogurt without any effects)... we are currently going slowly so we don't have to substitute milk since we aren't sure if that is actually one of his allergies (soon to be tested), so we can only do away with certain daytime feedings (like at daycare).  I also plan to pump despite weaning to make it an easier transition with less risks.  So I'm sort of an oddball on this one, but the best answer I suppose was the one I picked.

pixiefunk
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I will not go past 4(I think). But, I don't know how much longer past 2 years I'll go. Leaving it open to see what happens. I'm just very indecisive about the whole thing. I want to stop, but my brain tells me what is important.

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 3:10 AM

My children have/will self wean past the age of thirty six months! 

Owner of CafeMom Groups....
Attachment Parenting Christians and Crunchy Moms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)