Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teeth!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

I thought it wasn't supposed to hurt when they got teeth?!  Emmalyn has had her bottom 2 for a while now, no problem.  Her top 2 just cut through and oh. my. gosh!  It HURTS!!  The only way it doesn't hurt is if I lay on my back with her on my chest.  And every now and then, it doesn't hurt on the left side but kills on the right.  I don't know what to do...this makes me want to not nurse anymore but I'm really not ready to give it up.  And I know she's not even close to ready to stop.  Help?!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lifetimelove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:32 PM
This is VERY common when the top teeth come in. Ot'll get better as they wear down and she adjusts her latch. I think it took about a week or two with both of mine. Reinvest in some lanolin cream. It'll get better, I promise. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom-lovingit
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:54 PM

My dd had a tendancy to rub her teeth against me when nursing, took a bit for her to adjust to sucking with the teeth, then it was alright again.  Took longer for her to stop grinding her teeth together making that awful sound lol!!  Can't wait to see what ds has in store for me lol- he's 4.5mo and I can feel his gums starting to change- couple of months and i'll be in your shoes again!  Leave the milk on your nipples to air-dry, ice packs and lanisoh cream and you'll get trough it :o) GL momma!

CaddyG
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 7:42 AM
My 7mo DD grinds her teeth all the time now! She's had the bottom 2 for a while and is now getting 3 top ones at the same time! They haven't all come in far enough for me to feel yet but with all that teething and her trying to grind them while she's eating I get bitten A LOT! The worst part is she thinks its hilarious when I yell no! I have pretty insensitive nipples as I'm getting used to the biting and all the pinching she does, I don't know why she's so grabby all the time?! Lol good luck hunny, it'll get better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyriesmommy13
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 7:56 AM
i agree. it'll just take a little time for her to adjust.

my dd did that teeth grinding thing, too! i thought she was doing it because dh grinds his teeth. ugh! that was terrible and really drove me crazy!!

Quoting mom-lovingit:

My dd had a tendancy to rub her teeth against me when nursing, took a bit for her to adjust to sucking with the teeth, then it was alright again.  Took longer for her to stop grinding her teeth together making that awful sound lol!!  Can't wait to see what ds has in store for me lol- he's 4.5mo and I can feel his gums starting to change- couple of months and i'll be in your shoes again!  Leave the milk on your nipples to air-dry, ice packs and lanisoh cream and you'll get trough it :o) GL momma!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stumpy96
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:25 AM

My little guy did this when the top teeth came in too.  I just dealt with the pain for a few weeks, then started saying "ow, ow" everytime I felt them.  I didn't scream, but said it loud enough to catch his attention. He caught on pretty quick!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)