• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boobies Rule!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 AM
  • 4 Replies

My current nursling is eleven months old.  For the past three weeks or so, she's become a terribly difficult sleeper.  I haven't been getting much sleep either (she frequently insists that she MUST sleep on me and many nights wakes up every hour to nurse).  My son was a every 90 minutes all night long nurser but he started scheduling the wake ups at about three months and kept it up right until the day he weaned at fifteen months.  I wasn't really prepared for Yelda to start up now.  It is what it is and at some point, she'll get past this stage and develop a more reasonable sleep schedule.  For awhile, anyway, lol.

My husband, despite needing to get up at 3:30 am for work, keeps offering to hold Yelda and rock her to sleep, or at least hold her until I can get a shower, G*D bless his soul.  Usually, she will tolerate him at least for the length of a shower.  Sometimes, she'll fall asleep on him and we can move her to her crib.  Tonight, she was not really wanting to sleep but not really wanting to be awake either.  My husband offered to give me a break for a little bit when we were getting ready for bed.  So he laid down, plopped her on his chest, and tried to cuddle her head against his shoulder.  Being the stubborn eleven month old that she is, she pushed my husband's hands off her, crawled off him, onto me, and laid down with her head on my breast.  Then looked over and batted her eye lashes and daddy.

Even though I'm dead tired, that totally made my night.

Are you a political "independent?"  Tired of feeling like you only have Democrats or Republicans to choose from?  Well, there are many small parties active all across the United States.  Learn more at Third Party Americans.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109790

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Yelda is such a sweetie, isn't she?! 

eema.gray
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM

She is and she knows it.  She's becoming a TERRIBLE flirt.

mama2mycuties
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM

lol thats so sweet!

Daynaof3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:05 AM

My girls are the same way, lol. They love daddy but come bed time all they want is mommy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)