Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT, minor car accident, looking for car seat suggestions.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:28 AM
  • 11 Replies

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I can't see the pics oh poo...

How big are the kids? Did you like the seats you have?

Personally for your oldest I'd get a Frontier 85..I'd trade my GN for a FN 85 anyday.

I would get a TFP myself but it depends on how large your 3 year old is and if you want to still RF.  A complete air is a nice choice for older ERFing children!

Krysta622
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Oh... I didn't have pics...and I don't know why my post is blank...

Here is what was supposed to be there:

My mom was in a sort of minor accident yesterday.  It was low speed, but her car is pretty banged up.  She was with my aunt, and DS, no one was really hurt, but my mom's back was hurting so she went to get checked out at ER.  It's just the usual accident soreness, especially since she was driving and the impact was drivers side.  The insurance will reimberuse for a car seat up to $200.  I don't know what to choose!  Ideas??  He's 3, and in my car RF in myride, FF and RF in dad's car in true fit (we don't get the best install RF) and was FF in mom's car in a cosco eddie bauer high back booster with the harness.  It was a FF only seat, and he doesn't ride with my mom too often, once a week at most.  I'mobviously paranoid now, and think I'm going to install his seat in dad's car RF again, bring it to the tech again, and probably get a convertible for mom's car so he can RF there too. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Must be one of your siggy's I can't see...I'm at school pics and stuff are usually blocked.

OK well it was just your younger childs seat? If you want to RF I would go TFP or CA..the CA really grew on me once I played with it at Jess's house(Jrp0606), I realized that my now 6 year old could've Rfed til his 6th birthday in it lol hes a shrimp weight wise but a decent height(hes on the top slot of the Gn).

Krysta622
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Yeah, only DS's spare seat was in the car.  Is the CA under $200?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Yep under $200, check babies r us, target and online.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4232164&CAWELAID=602137697

loverbugsmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:00 PM
I just got the complete air at target for 179.99 i love it and can rf my 3.5 year old in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purelibra84
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:02 PM

i love graco nautilus. have them for both my kids and its under $200

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Quoting purelibra84:

GREAT SEAT! But she wants to RF her child and the GN doesn't RF, she has one for her older child so she obviusly knows about it well.  I own 2 of them.

Krysta622
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Haha I actually love the GN so much that I have two of them.  I was thinking about another one, but pretty sure I'm going to still RF.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting purelibra84:

GREAT SEAT! But she wants to RF her child and the GN doesn't RF, she has one for her older child so she obviusly knows about it well.  I own 2 of them.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:52 PM

If I could do it ALL over I would've gotten a Frontier 85 if they had beenout, love the GN but it has so many quirks and my boys love being harnessed, so much so it has been very tempting to buy a FN85 for my 6 year old..he wants one bad, he's on the last slot of the GN.  My oldest has hit the limit for height...he is even withthe straps so he is in a booster and doing well...he is 8.

Its old but heres my boys in their GN in my siggy and my son in his TF ERFing.

Quoting Krysta622:

Haha I actually love the GN so much that I have two of them.  I was thinking about another one, but pretty sure I'm going to still RF.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting purelibra84:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)