• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ouch, I need help! Engorged!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 AM
  • 1 Replies

I am 10 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child, my daughter has been nursing for 30 months, Well-over the last month or so my nipples have been really really tender and nursing has been very difficult. I talked to my mom and she asked me if I was even producing milk anymore, so later that day I tried to hand express and didnt get anything. I told my daughter that all the milk was gone, she has asked to nurse a few times since then but has pretty much forgotten about nursing--Here is the thing, My milk hasnt gone anywhere! I am so so full It hurts but I didnt want to back track with my daughter and allow her to nurse again. Im not sure what to do. Any advice? Any ideas what to do about the engorgement? Thanks! Oh and it was sunday night when I thought I had dried up so It has been about 2 days since LO has nursed. Thanks again!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Its only been 2 days?  Yeah go ahead tell her were wrong and offer to nurse..if she refuses the hand express some to see if you can relieve engorgement.

Not sure if sage is safe while pregnant but that is a way to dry milk up a small bit, cabbage is good too...crushed, cold and in your bra.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)