• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its been 15 mths no sign of AF

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

I breast-feed my daughter but she also eat table food. I thought I would have had a cycle by now but I havent. I got pregnant when my daughter was 11 mths though (which ended in miscarriage :(  When did your cycle start. I know every woman is different Im just a curious :)

thanks ladies

"Search me, O God and know my heart; try me and know my thoughts and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting".

Psalm 139:23-24

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Your cycle started before 11 months... you could not have gotten pregnant otherwise. Never mind that you never menstruated... ovulation comes before menstruation. The only reason day 1 of the period is considered the start of the cycle is that it is VISIBLE.

Now your body may be recovering from the miscarriage, or you're already pregnant again. Go test.

ALL return dates are normal. Some women get their periods back at six weeks, others at 2 years plus. And some go baby to baby without, as you almost did.

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM

every one is different. some dont get their period back until they stop BF completely (even after adding solids)..some get it right away, like me. it was 2months almost to the day after having my youngest. and it was regular only a few months later..with my oldest (who was not BF) i didnt get my period back for 4months..

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

also since u had a m/c it could take a while to get ur period back. or like gdiamante said u could b pregnant again..

suzzanna
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 PM

thanks for your reply ladies :)

starreyedcutie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM

you may be pregnant again, id go get a test to see whats goin on. If you arent pregnant it could be your body recovering from the m/c...

boom_maker
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:53 PM

i got my first af pp when my son was 15 months. it was very light and not much of a big deal. everyone is different. i could not conceive until my son was fully weaned though, he weaned at 29 months and i got pregnant almost 7 months later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)