• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Has a Protein Intolerance - No Dairy

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hello Ladies,

My daughter is just six months old and the doctors believe that she has a protein intolerance so, I have had to eliminate all dairy from my diet.  This is causing me boredom with eating so, as unhealthy as I know it is, I find myself not eating.  Has anyone else ever had this happen with their bf kids and had to eliminate dairy?  If so, do you have any good recipes that I could try?  I would love to be able to actually enjoy eating again for the health and well being of both of us.  Thank you in advance for any help, advice and/or suggestions.

Carrie Heims (Proud WAHM of 3)

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM

i dont know any non dairy stuff..srry..
but u really do need to eat or u could hurt ur BM (supply could drop or nutrition could lack)..u need to eat at least 1800calories a day to keep a good supply..
Studies have shown that most healthy breastfeeding women maintain an abundant milk supply while taking in 1800-2200 (or more) calories per day. Consuming less than 1500-1800 calories per day (most women should stay at the high end of this range) may put your milk supply at risk, as may a sudden drop in caloric intake. (See Can I diet while breastfeeding? for more information on calorie restriction).
http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/mom/mom-calories-fluids.html

gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM

If you google "dairy free living" you will find some resources.

sara_7106
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM
Soy, rice , or almond milk are good substitues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)