Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP ME! Sinus cold/ allergies!! and bf

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM
  • 16 Replies

My doctor told me I could only take tylenol cold and sinus, and chloroseptic lozenges or cough drops.  The lozenges are helping the scratchy throat, but the store was out of the other...My eyes are either running like a facet or itchy and my nose is either running like a facet or stuffed like a teddy bear!  Help please what is safe to do while BF??  Or do I just have to hold out?  thanks

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:09 PM

the tylenol cold and sinus helped a lot for me. there's nowhere else you can go for that?

tdoubleday04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:10 PM

my husband is on his way back from going to walmart and target and walgreens, he said he was not stopping anywhere else!  :(  Walgreens said someonthing about a store recall or something :(

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:12 PM

can you call your doctor and ask about sudafed or robitussin? that is safe during pregnancy so it *MIGHT* be safe while breast feeding.

gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM

You CAN take Robitussin with no worries. For sudafed, increase your water.

Really, the only OTC I can think of that you MUST avoid is aspirin, due to Reye's Syndrome risk.

Tell hubby to stop being a butt or you'll cough all over him.

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM

also, it's only the Tylenol brand that was recalled. the store brand is still safe to use.

tdoubleday04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I am going to leave a check out target I'm sure they have an up and up brand of it

tdoubleday04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Well, will that work for allergies?  That is really what I have going on :(  I hate fall for this reason, however last year I didn't have any problems :(  weird huh?  And by aspirin that is just plain aspirin or is it in something?  And that is for breastfeeding what is reye's syndrome?

Quoting gdiamante:

You CAN take Robitussin with no worries. For sudafed, increase your water.

Really, the only OTC I can think of that you MUST avoid is aspirin, due to Reye's Syndrome risk.

Tell hubby to stop being a butt or you'll cough all over him.

gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:39 PM

For allergies... Claritin is safe.

tdoubleday04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:57 PM
Thanks! I just went to target the pharmacist said claritin would be best for my symptoms I can't wait to feel better!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k.stark
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Also ALAVERT.... they have a disovable tablet that works fast!!  (alavert and claritin are basically the same) if you look it up on ask.com you'll get alot of good answers

Quoting gdiamante:

For allergies... Claritin is safe.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)