• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursing pads...vent

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM
  • 18 Replies

I usually use the Lansinoh disposable pads, because they are great and not that expensive, although they're not cheap.  Anyway, yesterday, I went to Babies R Us, because I had a partial gift card.  The Avent nursing pads were a dollar more for 40 more pads, so I bought them.  They suck.  They are not individually wrapped, they don't have as much adhesive, they don't have the top layer that stays dry.  I hate them and now I can't return them...UGH.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM
I here ya.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollycat03
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:45 PM
Gotta love the Lasinoh ones. They're great! Sorry they won't take yours back. Do you know anyone who might be in desperate need of some? Someone gave me some of the Gerber brand ones, they suck, but I had nothing else at the time and they got me through till we could get the good ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaoftwins9197
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I don't think so.  Even if I could give them away, I wouldn't because then I would be out!  We're broke right now, so I just have to deal.

Quoting mollycat03:

Gotta love the Lasinoh ones. They're great! Sorry they won't take yours back. Do you know anyone who might be in desperate need of some? Someone gave me some of the Gerber brand ones, they suck, but I had nothing else at the time and they got me through till we could get the good ones.

SaraZoey
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM
I love the Lasinoh ones, but DH got me some Playtex ones (even though I told him Lasinoh, he just got what was cheapest) and I think I love them more. They're thicker and seem to hold more leakage. I usually wear Target nursing tanks so I took out the pads from a swimsuit to use for nipple coverage and the Playtex pads seems to fit in them alot better as well. I did hate the Nuk ones, leaked right through within an hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomNtheRes
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Make your own! Or just fold a washcloth into 4ths and stuff your bra, lol. Assuming you're staying around the house, otherwise you might get some looks ;)

mollycat03
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Ahh. Sorry. Been there, done that. One night I went to bed with a hand towel in my bra. Thankfully the next day was pay day.

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

I don't think so.  Even if I could give them away, I wouldn't because then I would be out!  We're broke right now, so I just have to deal.

Quoting mollycat03:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:00 PM

The lansinoh ones give me thrush everytime I sue them, but I got a whole box when I didn't know this on freecycle.org

k.stark
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I'm sorry... I've NEVER bought the disposable ones... they seem like a waste of money to me... when I had DS my mom bought me the gerber reusable ones and I love them... I still use them with DD almost 2 years later.... it's nice not having to go buy them all the time... and I found that the disposable ones are kinda noisey... like you have tissue paper in your bra.. plus I felt that my boobs couldn't breathe when I wore the disposable ones that you got from the hospital gift bag...

mollycat03
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:04 PM
really? cause we battle thrush on and off and we use those. what kind did you switch to? I wonder if it would help us.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

The lansinoh ones give me thrush everytime I sue them, but I got a whole box when I didn't know this on freecycle.org

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollycat03
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:05 PM
where did you get yours?

Quoting k.stark:

I'm sorry... I've NEVER bought the disposable ones... they seem like a waste of money to me... when I had DS my mom bought me the gerber reusable ones and I love them... I still use them with DD almost 2 years later.... it's nice not having to go buy them all the time... and I found that the disposable ones are kinda noisey... like you have tissue paper in your bra.. plus I felt that my boobs couldn't breathe when I wore the disposable ones that you got from the hospital gift bag...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)