• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to pump extra

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

How do I pump extra milk for my baby to drink when I'm not home with him? Or even for baby to drink from a bottle while we're out. Because it seems like when I do pump, then I don't have that feeding for my son that hour. I am tired of giving him formula to produce an 'extra' meal. I would like to be exclusively giving him breastmilk. So how do you do it?

I'm a God fearing Catholic, volunteer for Protective Animal League, cross-stitching, Certified Dog Trainer, green living, book reading, vaccinating, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, young wife and SAHM to Evalynn 5yr, Ashley 4yr, and Trey 1month and "mom" to 2 indoor only cats & 3 dogs !

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Melissa0741
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM
I started stocking up by either pumping one side while she ate on the other, or pumping in between feedings. It works really well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM

you can pump in the morning and night and between feedings. you will have enough for the nxt feeding because ur body is always making milk...there is no need to give formula to be able to pump..

Mom_to_Skyler
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Milk tea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM

WHen you remove the milk your body replaces it...the flow may be slower and that pisses off a baby used to a faster flow but the milk IS THERE, no need to give formula, just nurse your baby.

You can pump one side and nurse the other first thing in the morning OR pump about an hour before the morning nursing to get the best output.

gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:34 PM

One of the things you learn as a nursing mom is to ignore appearances. You DO have enough milk to nurse immediately after pumping. The breast is a factory, not a storage unit. So toss the formula. You never needed it.

Pump whenever it's convenient for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)