Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad day

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM
  • 20 Replies
Farrah had her four month check up today and I found out she has only gained five ounces in the past two months. The pedi made me feel horrible and told me she was malnourished and sickly. I was so upset an crying and I knew all of the stuff she was saying wasn't true but I was so upset that I couldn't even say anything. So after I got home an bawled my eyes out even more I called the IBLCL at the hospital and I talk to her for awhile on the phone and I have any appointment tomorrow. After talking to her I found out our pedi is not pro breastfeeding. We are moving at the end if the month so we will be switching pedis cuz I am not driving 45 min back to the dr. I am just so upset and glad that I have knowledge an didn't just throw in the towel. The lc said that they weren't even going to call the pedi for the orders they we going straight to my OB. By the way me baby is healthy and rolling and cooing and babbling. Almost sleeping thru the night and an overall. Very happy baby. Thanks for reading it has been a rough afternoon. Sorry no pics I am on mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:35 PM

good for u momma..dont let that doc get u down..u are doing whats best for ur baby..she might just b a small baby and there is nothing wrong with that!..

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM

How have diapers been?  Is this the same scale with the same amount of clothes?

YOu never ever tell a parent a child is malnourished and sickly, there are better ways to say that the weight gain is a concern.

Did she grow in height?

njlock
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM
Always weighted naked and she is wetting about 7 dipes a day. She told me that she is only pooping 1-2 times a week because her body has nothing to get rid of it needs everything it is getting. She also said he skin is just hanging on her body and it is not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
njlock
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM
Not sure if it is the same scale last time we went in the hall and this time they brought it in the room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Char07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:21 PM
How is she on milestones? Growing in length, head circumfrence? Do you think she has only gained that much or do you think it could be from a different scale (I can tell when my dd has gained anything, even just a few ounces). How are her dirty diapers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:27 PM

It sounds like this pedi is not good with breastfeeding management.. good for you getting in touch with (what sounds like) a great LC. Sorry you had such a rough day! 

njlock
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:35 PM
She is rolling both ways, can get toys into her mouth, cooing and talking. She grew about an inch and I am pretty sure her head grew cuz I think she stayed about the same percentage. I really thought she had gained some weight. I know that she is a peanut but she is starting to fit into he 3-6 month clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM

OK discredit this weight then becuase if not the same scale who knows.AND I do not trust scales that are moved around..this changes the calibration and throws off weights by up to a lb

Quoting njlock:

Not sure if it is the same scale last time we went in the hall and this time they brought it in the room.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Quoting njlock:

Always weighted naked and she is wetting about 7 dipes a day. She told me that she is only pooping 1-2 times a week because her body has nothing to get rid of it needs everything it is getting.well its kinda true becuase BM is so perfect there is little waste by 4 months many babies only go 1 time a week, no big deal. She also said he skin is just hanging on her body and it is not.this doctor is RUDE, did she say anything else insulting becuase so far thats all I hear are insults.  What was the doctors advice on helping with weight gain?

star33
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM

i'm sorry.it's sad that we look to these people & they slam us.i'm so happy w/mine.she bf all of hers & i get nothing but encouragement from the pa too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)